The Adventures Of Our Little Family Of Three

Friday, March 23, 2012

Cooking...My New Obsession

Lately, I've been on a food kick, cooking every chance I get! I've come across some delicious recipes, and thought I'd share them here, our the blog. By the way, if you haven't heard of Ree Drummond, "The Pioneer Woman", do yourself a favor and try out one of her recipes! They are delicious! To get the recipes, click on the link (recipe name)...

Lasagna Soup
I found this recipe via FoodGawker.com. It is an easy to prepare, one-pot dish that is sooooo good and just warms your insides! Serve with french bread and plenty of Parmesan cheese. :)



Cosi Tomato-Basil Soup
Next, a delicious, creamy tomato soup. Recently, my friend Kellie took me to a great little cafe in Tulsa called "Cosi", and they had the BEST tomato soup I'd ever eaten. This recipe is a re-creation of that, and I recommend eating it with grilled Gouda cheese sandwiches.


Spicy Pulled Pork 
This recipe was too good! I served it with mashed potatoes, baked beans and bread. It also makes great pulled pork sandwiches.


Apple Brown Betty 
Imagine....a sweet, cinamonny (is that a word?) dessert, that is pretty much heaven on a plate.


 Broccoli Cheese Soup
On a cold and rainy day, this soup will warm your soul. I very highly recommend it! It pairs well with any kind of crusty bread.


Williams-Sonoma Oven Fried Chicken
This recipe is a healthier alternative to fried chicken. It is delicious and super easy to make. I typically pair it with asparagus and mashed potatoes.


Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes 
I recently made these for a happy-hour at work, and they were a big hit! They are super chocolaty, and great for an adult party.


Fried Mushrooms
These are so delicious, and go perfectly with Cane's Sauce. These would be perfect as a game-day party food.

3 comments:

  1. the pioneer woman was what revved up my affection for cooking:) i started reading her blog a few years ago, and then tommy bought me her first cookbook...that's when i started feeling more comfortable in the kitchen. i then bought her love story and most recently her second cookbook lol:) glad to know another fan! i forsee discussions on ree! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am actually going to Cosi for some of that soup today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I am reading Ree's love story now, and I really like it! I don't know if I like her so much because she's from Oklahoma, or what. But, she is amazing!

    Kellie, I'm jealous! Lol.

    ReplyDelete