The Adventures Of Our Little Family Of Three

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Visit From The Millers...


This past weekend was so busy and so much fun! My sister Allie, brother-in-law Kenton, and precious niece Caroline came to Oklahoma City for a visit. We had dinner over at dad's house on Friday night....mmmmm, ribs and brisket! On Saturday morning, my sister decided she and I would go to "Zumba" together. (Zumba is an intense, high-energy aerobics class). I only lasted about 35 minutes, but Allie did the class for 45 minutes. That class wore me out! If you want a great workout that is fun....give Zumba a try. After a couple of hours to heal my body, we all drove to Okarche, Oklahoma to eat at Oklahoma's oldest bar: Eischen's. Eischen's is quite a popular place....Any restaurant that is packed with people at 3:00 in the afternoon, and just happens to be in the middle of nowhere must be doing something right. Eischen's is known for serving the MOST fabulous fried chicken you've ever eaten. It is simply delicious....like falls of the bone and melts in your mouth kind of delicious. (Sorry if I'm making you drool). Their fried okra and chili-cheese nachos are also sinfully awesome. The restaurant was featured on the Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives"....as if the place needed more followers. Needless to say....everyone had a good time, and nobody left the restaurant hungry.


Sunday was a bit more relaxed. I decided to take Riley for a walk, and sort of ended up at our neighborhood park, and let Riley experience his first time in a park swing. I think he liked the swing...but he couldn't keep his eyes off of the other, bigger, kids climbing on the play-gym. I think he wanted me to let him loose...as if he could climb that thing at this point! Oh well....soon enough, I suppose.


Jon, Riley, Daisy and I are heading to Tulsa this weekend for a fun-filled joint birthday celebration for Jon and Kellie (a close friend). I'll be sure to post pictures of the birthday event. Here is a picture of Riley, Caroline, Allie and I. We were in the Easter spirit! (I cannot believe how much Riley has grown!)


Side Note: Isn't my niece gorgeous? She is even more precious in person.



No comments:

Post a Comment