The Adventures Of Our Little Family Of Three

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 And All The Changes It Brings!



So, as most of you know by now, I am 3 months pregnant. Although I am very excited to have a little one, I am becoming more and more nervous. I'm such a procrastinator, and I have just started reading some of the many pregnancy books I was told I needed to read. I am finding that things I wasn't concerned about before are now crossing my mind. There are so many things that can go wrong in a pregnancy...and thankfully nothing bad has happened to me personally, but I now have some new worries about the baby's health. My next doctor's appointment is on Monday, January 13th, and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat....which will hopefully ease some of my fears. I'm starting to think that reading these pregnancy books is more troubling than educating. Also, I hate to sound bitchy, but I really don't like being pregnant. I have had the worst morning sickness, and have been soooooooo exhausted! I know that in the end, i.e. when the baby is born it will all be worth it...but it has been hard. I guess I'm just hoping to have the perfect child, so that I won't want to have anymore children. Lol. Jon is getting more excited as the days draw closer to delivery. I really love him....but lately I've been confronted with opinions from others about the fact that we are not married. Yes, I realize that it is normal to get married, and then have a baby....in that order. But, those of you who know what kind of relationship Jon and I have had, know that we don't exactly take steps in the correct order. I know we will be married someday, but excuse me for not wanting to have a shot-gun wedding at 6 months pregnant. On a happier note, Jon and I have been house-hunting. This basically consists of me touring 20 houses, and picking out one for Jon to come look at. We really hope to buy sometime in February, and move-in sometime in May. I just can't contain my excitement on this issue! I am somewhat a perfectionist, and I want the best house we can get for our money. Shifting subjects, I am starting the new semester on Monday, and I am starting to wonder if working towards my MBA, working full-time at my job, and being a first-time mother will be too much. I hope to take as many classes as I can before the baby is born....because I do not want to be busy with school during the baby's first year of life. Wow! This blog is beginning to get a bit long. In closing, 2009 is going to be a busy year for me. I look forward to all that has yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment