The Adventures Of Our Little Family Of Three

Monday, January 3, 2011

Santa Clause Came To Town...

The past few weekends have been filled with so many fun events for us! First, we headed to Tulsa, to attend Jon's best friend, Kenny's 30th Birthday Party. It was so nice seeing all of our friends who live in Tulsa...we had a blast! Kellie (Kenny's Wife) had the party very appropriately themed...she had cigars with the tag: "30 Sucks", and Blow Pop Suckers with the tag: "30 Blows". Jon turns 30 in three months...I'll have to think of something fun to do for his birthday. I'm sure I'll be enlisting Kellie and her great party ideas!



The next night was Christmas Eve, which we spent at my sister's house in Owasso. Riley and Caroline had such a blast playing together, as usual. The only downside was that they insisted on fighting over the same toy. Whatever one had, they other wanted it. Both kiddos cleaned up this Christmas with fun toys, clothes, and educational items. I was sad to leave Christmas morning, because I just love my little niece!




We made the trek from Owasso back to Oklahoma City, to stay with my dad on Christmas Day/Night. While Jon worked the Thunder game, Riley and I chowed down on turkey sandwiches, deviled eggs and cheese dip. I received a set of Calphalon pots and pans from my dad, which was super exciting!! Jon and I have been living with only two cooking pots since we began living together. I think the set had about 8 different pots and pans with it...and a dutch oven...I'm in heaven! Riley got some more great gifts, including two dump trucks and a hard hat from Grandpa Jeff. He's such a boy, and loves to run around in the hard hat.








The next morning, we headed back home to Norman, to celebrate our little family Christmas. Santa had brought Riley a few more gifts, including his favorite: the dirt-devil vacuum cleaner. Jon was happy to get a new printer and paper shredder, while I was thrilled to get a new hair-straightener. All in all, this holiday was busy, and filled with lots of running around, but we made it work...I can't wait until next year! (Maybe Riley won't cry when he sees Santa next year) I hope you all got to spend time with those you love, and had a happy holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, it looks like Santa was good to you all.
    Can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete